ESPA harness the wisdom and restorative power of nature, to nurture and comfort. Explore nature’s apothecary within this collection and experience three key pillars to the alchemic creations. Firstly, explore the divine power of flowers which are deeply symbolic and provide sensuality. Secondly, understand the adaptogenic roots and herbs used to ground the body and to enhance equilibrium. Lastly, be mesmerised by the mushroom extract which helps provide a sense of harmony and balance, as well as a higher sense of awareness. Every texture is infused with a warm colour of nature and is a journey of discovery, a mini ritual of self-care.
Discover some of the wonderous ingredients within the Modern Alchemy collection, ingredients that have come from all across the world and have been used for centuries to create truly beautiful rituals with proven results.
The Cleansing Milk
Partake in the divine ritual of purification
- Opuntia Cactus – this is the hydrating element for soft skin. It is traditionally used by Native Americans to restore hydration, this ingredient is also clinically proven to provide hydration even in a rinse-off formula.
- Shikakai – this is the purifying, cleansing ingredient (naturally rich in saponins – a natural soap) This provides mild, pH balanced cleansing due to a naturally high saponin content.
- Turmeric Butter – this soothes and softens the skin. Traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine this organic butter blend has antioxidant and soothing benefits.
In an independent user trial of 60 panelists, the Cleansing Milk has been proven to make skin feel purified, hydrated and nourished, and renewed and replenished.
The Purifying Polish
A transformative balm for your cleansing ritual
- Lava Beads – volcanic rock heated until the water inside pops, creating spherical exfoliation beads.
- Opuntia Cactus – hydrating element to leave skin feeling soft, traditionally used by Native Americans to restore hydration, clinically proven to provide hydration even in a rinse-off formula.
- Nutgrass – An Ayurvedic herb from India that is naturally soothing and brightening, adding radiance to the skin.
In an independent user trial of 54 panelists, the Purifying Polish has been proven to make skin feel purified, renewed and glowing with luminosity.
The Anointing Bath and Body Oil
A precious oil inspired by traditional anointing rituals
- Andiroba Oil – Amazonian superfruit oil with skin plumping, nurturing benefits, rich in natural vitamins, minerals and antioxidant properties.
- Hemp Seed Oil – Traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine and Chinese medicine, was even used by the ancient Egyptians to treat inflammations. Powerful skincare ingredient that calms, soothes and is beneficial for moisturising dry skin. A powerful antioxidant which helps promote youthful beautiful skin.
- Sesame Seed Oil – One of the most commonly used oils in Ayurvedic practices and massage. It is said to benefit the heart Chakra responsible for unconditional love for others and self. Self-massage with Sesame oil is recommended to help promote a healthy body and mind.
In an Independent User Trial of 60 panelists, the Anointing Bath and Body Oil has been proven to make skin feel nourished and supple during bathing, feel radiant and glowing when applied to damp skin after showering, and feel instantly soft and nourished after application to dry skin.
The Nourishing Balm
Nurture and enrich your skin with this deeply restorative balm
- Phytocannabinoids from Patchouli – experience the benefits from CBD (calming, relaxing) without using Cannabis. A great skin relaxer to restore balance, for healthy-looking skin.
- Fireweed – nurturing for dry skin, also helps balance skin. Known for its moisturising power and protects against oxidative stress. One of the first plants to grow and bloom on land devastated by a forest fire – or even by a volcanic eruption.
- Amla – Powerful antioxidant with high level of Oleic acid (Omega 9) blended with skin soothing Curcumin. Oxidative stress is reduced ensure skin harmony
In an independent user trial of 60 panelists, the Nourishing Balm has been proven to leave skin feeling nourished, firmer and glowing with luminosity.
The Hydrating Lotion
Experience a veil of luxurious hydration
- Sweet Basil – adaptogenic and protective to help restore balance. Clinically proven to protect against pollution, this antioxidant counteracts environmental stress caused by urban exposure.
- Maca Root – traditionally taken by Incan Warriors before battle due to its energising benefits. This ingredient has been shown to enhance firmness and improve elasticity of the skin
- Saw Palmetto – gently soothing to provide softer skin.
In an independent user trial of 59 panelists, the Hydrating Lotion is proven to make skin feel hydrated, the look of even skin tone is restored, and the appearance of imperfections are softened.
The Grounding Crystals
Delve into your own ancient bathing ritual to purify skin, body and mind
- Himalayan Pink Salt – Pink salt comes from the Himalayan foothills. It is a fossil salt from the Mesozoic era more than 200 million years ago. The salt has an extraordinary purity. Due to the salt being natural, free from refining and pollution, it contains an exceptional mineral richness. It contains up to 84 elements, most importantly potassium, magnesium, iron & copper. In bathing products these minerals bring a deep feeling of calm.
- Epsom Salt – re-energising / purifying / detoxifying / softening / cleansing, celebrated for its many benefits and is widely used in Chinese medicine.
- Amber Extract – said to help balance emotions and energise, precious in crystal healing Amber is said to balance the emotions and release negative energy.
In an independent user trial of 60 panelists, the Grounding Crystals have been proven to make skin feel deeply cleansed, purified and re-energised.
Thank you for reading.