Whether you’re longing for an ESPA facial and don’t have time to visit a spa or salon, or simply crave an indulgent skincare treat in the comfort of your own home, retreat to the bathroom with this facial ritual and reawaken naturally beautiful, radiantly healthy skin.
Enjoyed once a week, or even once a month, you’ll soon discover the difference a little time, TLC and a helping hand from our experts can really make to how you look and feel.
The key to removing dull, dead skin cells and optimising the absorption of your treatment products is to deeply cleanse and exfoliate. Suitable for all skin types and formulated with naturally cleansing Moringa Seed Extract and smoothing Jojoba Spheres, our Optimal Skin ProCleanser is an ideal all-rounder.
Spend time massaging a small amount over your face, neck and décolleté in small, circular movements – paying particular attention to any dry areas and taking care to avoid the eye area. Then rinse with hand-hot water.
Follow with a refreshing and revitalising spritz of your favourite Spafresh toner.
Our therapists’ secret weapon
Facial massage really does work wonders, stimulating circulation and promoting a healthy glow. Reach for your favourite Face Treatment Oil or, if you prefer something a little lighter opt for Optimal Skin ProSerum, and warm a few drops in the palm of your hands.
- Cup your hands over your nose and inhale the aroma for a few seconds, feeling mind and body instantly unwind.
- With firm pressure, place your hands on both cheeks, then one hand on your forehead and one on your chin – pressing your facial oil into the skin before working in small upward circular movements through your jawline, cheeks and forehead into the hairline. This not only helps absorption, but also boosts circulation, helping fresh nutrients and oxygen reach skin cells to boost a radiant, healthy-looking complexion.
- Next, use the index finger and thumb on both hands to gently pinch along the jaw line. Repeat this technique along both eye brows, starting at the inner brow and working outwards.
- Then, using your ring finger, very lightly circle inwards under the eye from outer to inner corner. Repeat twice
- With both middle fingers, crisscross in firm strokes up the centre of the forehead from the bridge of your nose to your hairline. Repeat two or three times.
- Finally, using small circular movements, massage your forehead, working from the centre across to your temples. Finish by applying light pressure for a few seconds to each temple to ease tension.
Relax and Rejuvenate
Next comes your facial treatment mask.
If you’re enjoying this at-home facial in the daytime, we’d recommend Skin Radiance Mask – its light texture, delightful aroma and natural Pumpkin Enzymes make it such a pleasure to use, while it also leaves skin fresh, revitalised and with a beautiful dewy glow.
If it’s an evening or night-time facial, we love the soothing, intensely nourishing and deeply restful powers of Overnight Hydration Therapy.
Once you’ve made your choice, smooth your chosen mask over your face, neck and décolleté. Then soak two cotton wool pads in Soothing Eye Lotion and rest over your eyes. Lie back… and relax.
After 15-20 minutes remove the cotton pads then the mask with a warm face cloth or damp cotton wool. If you’re using Overnight Hydration Therapy, no need to remove your mask before bed.
Give skin a quick, reviving spritz of Spafresh.
Whether you’re looking to boost radiance, diminish fine lines or even skin tone, reach for your favourite ESPA facial serum and warm four drops in your fingertips.
Press the formula into skin by placing your hands on both cheeks, then one hand on your forehead and one on your chin. Slide hands up the décolleté and neck and smooth over the rest of the face.
Apply 1-2 pumps of your chosen eye product to both ring fingers and warm.
Beginning at the inner eyebrow, gently tap product into skin at the end of the brow, continuing under the eye towards the inner eye area. Carry on circling round the eye area until the product has absorbed.
Unless you’re using our leave-on Overnight Hydration Therapy, next place your chosen facial moisturiser onto finger tips and warm.
Press both hands on your cheeks, then one hand on the forehead and one on the chin to apply the formula. Slide hands up the décolleté and neck and work in small circular movements spreading the product over the rest of the face.
Finally… stand back and marvel at your complexion’s new luminosity!