As we adjust our wardrobes for the change in seasons, wrapping up warm against the elements, so too should you adapt your skincare routine.
Throughout the winter months we’re exposed to extremes of cold weather and hot central heating, leaving skin dull, dry and in need of extra care. To help you look your best, here’s how to keep skin in tip-top condition this winter.
For fast results use a treatment mask such as the Skin Radiance Mask once a week to actively banish dull skin and breathe instant radiance into your complexion.
Regularly exfoliate too, to keep skin looking fresh and revitalised throughout the season. Use Refining Skin Polish 2 – 3 times a week on dry skins, and once a week on oil-prone skin to avoid over stimulating the sebaceous glands.
Serums infused with potent levels of actives work deep into the epidermis, and provide the instant results we all want to achieve and maintain.
To ensure you get maximum benefit from these potent power-players, use Optimal Skin ProSerum underneath your moisturiser to help lock in all the goodness and prevent loss of moisture 24 hours a day.
If there’s only one product you could add to your skincare routine this winter, it should be a Face Treatment Oil.
Filled with precious essential oils, not only do they deeply hydrate but help breathe optimal vitality into weary winter skin. Richly luxurious, yet light, they’re great to use at night when your skin has time to regenerate.
Perfect at transforming dull skin, they’re also great to transform your skincare routine too, and create a winter ritual all of your own. Choosing an ESPA Face Treatment Oil of your choice:
- Warm a few drops of your face treatment oil in the palm of your hands. Cup hands over your nose and inhale the calming aroma for a few seconds
- Place hands on cheeks, then one hand on forehead and one on chin to apply the oil. Slide hands up the décolleté and neck, then work in small upward circular movements spreading the product over the rest of the face
- Use the index finger and thumb on both hands to create gently pinch the jaw line – slide from one side to the other in a slow pincer movement
- Massage cheeks with upward circular movements
- Starting at the inner brow, use your index finger and thumb on both hands simultaneously to gently pinch along brows ,then using your ring finger, lightly circle inwards under the eye to the inner corner. Repeat twice
- Using both middle fingers – criss-cross up the centre of the forehead from the bridge of your nose to your hairline repeat as necessary
- Finally using small circular movements, massage either side of your forehead, down to your temples. Finish by applying light pressure for a few seconds to each temple to ease tension and release