Espa Skin Brushing Ritual
Before you start
Encourage lymph drainage by using a firm dry brush on dry skin every morning before showering or bathing. Ensure that each sweep is made several times, working towards your heart. Enrich the ritual by following each sweep of the brush with a gentle stroke from your free hand.
The benefits of this ritual will be lost with too much pressure so make each stroke light, taking care not to drag, irritate or redden the skin.
- Starting at your foot, brush the lower leg in upward movements towards the knee working from the inside to the outside, then the back of the leg. Working around the kneecap, stroke up the thighs from the inside to the outside and around the back of the leg then up and over your bottom.
- Repeat for the other leg.
2. Stomach & Back
- Brush down from the side of your waist, across to the centre of your lower stomach several times
- Then repeat on the opposite side.
- Follow with brush strokes up the back from your bottom towards your shoulders as far as you can comfortably reach
- Then repeat for the other side.
3. Shoulders, Bust & Arms
- Sweep down from the back of your neck across the shoulder blade and repeat on the opposite side.
- Starting at the base of your underarm brush under the breast in a circular movement back towards your underarm. Repeat to the other breast.
- Brush from the back of the hand upwards to the elbow then up to the shoulder. Bend your arm and place your hand on the opposite shoulder then brush up the back of your upper arm.
- Repeat on the other arm to finish.