When you purchase products and services from our Website we will collect the following information:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your credit/debit card address;
- Your delivery address (if different);
- Your customer password;
- Credit/debit card type;
- Credit/debit card number, expiry date, issue number and other related details; and
- Details of the products or services which you use and/or purchase.
How We Use Your Customer Information
When you provide us with the above information, it may be used for a number of different purposes, which are listed below:
- Administration and customer orders: Some of the basic customer information you provide us with, such as your full name and billing/delivery addresses is necessary to enable us to provide a service to you and to ensure that any orders you place on the Website are delivered correctly.
- To enable customer services: We ask for your contact details, such as your e-mail address and telephone number, to enable us to resolve any queries you may have about using the Website and to enable us to keep you informed on the status of your order.
- Direct Marketing: During the customer registration process, you will be given an option to receive information from time to time about our products and services, such as e-mails advising you of new products, services and promotions. If you wish to opt in to receive these additional services, you will be asked for further information, such as your gender and age range, to ensure that the information we subsequently send is relevant to you.
- To understand our customers’ needs: Any additional information that we request is intended to assist us in understanding our customers and their needs better. This is important to enable us to continue improving our service to you. We also learn about our customers by tracking their movements around the Website and collecting information about their buying habits. Individuals are not identified, but the results of customers’ shopping habits and preferences are analysed en masse. Please read the paragraph below about "cookies" for more information on this.
Please note, in the case of visitors to the Website who are not registered users, the information collected is anonymous and does not therefore enable us to identify you as an individual.
How Long Will We Keep Your Information?
We will continue to keep and use your information for as long as you are registered as a customer of the Website. You may choose to cancel your registration at any time by contacting our customer services team on the CONTACT US section of the site. This will not erase your information from our database as your information is still required for the following reasons:
- To ensure that any outstanding orders you have placed can be processed to completion; and
- To enable us to contact you in the event of an emergency such as the urgent need to recall a product.
Otherwise, your information will not be accessed again and it will remain secure.
If you cancel your registration you will no longer be able to shop online or receive e-mails from us, although any outstanding orders you have placed will be processed as normal. Please note you cannot open a new customer account using the same email address as a previously closed customer account.
Updating Your Information
You can at any time, change and update the information you have provided to us, by logging into the site, visiting ‘My Account’ and selecting the edit details option.
What To Do If You Do Not Want To Receive Information
You can choose not to receive marketing information. To opt-out of receiving information from ESPA you should un-tick the tick box provided on the customer information sheet or if you are already a registered customer, please go into My Account and untick the box in the 'Newsletter' section. Alternatively, send an email stating that you wish to unsubscribe to: [email protected]
Is It Safe To Give ESPAOnline My Personal Information?
We have made every reasonable effort to ensure that we protect your personal information. ESPA has a Secure Server Digital Certificate in respect of the Website, which confirms that the Website is a legitimate website, which establishes an encrypted communication channel with you when you submit personal details, protecting any information you send.
ESPA reserves the right to pass on any customer information to third parties in order to assist in the prevention and detection of any fraud.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the list below.
For independent information about cookies please visit www.direct.gov.uk/managingcookies.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
|_UTMA||Indicates if you are a unique visitor to the site|
|_UTMB||Makes sure measured activity is kept within one session|
|_UTMZ||Records how you arrived at the site e.g. through a search engine.|
Disclosure Of Data To Third Parties
Your name, credit/debit card address, credit/debit card type and credit/debit card details will be disclosed to Protx Limited, Holborn Hall, 100 Gary’s Inn Road, London, WC1X 8AL to validate your payment